Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 12:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 00:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.45 meters/second, 1520.8 km/hour, 945.0 miles/hour or 821.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 17.3"||944.77 mi||West||0° 04' 34.3"||5.24 mi||North||944.99 mi|
|24 hours||14° 25' 40.1"||947.37 mi||East||2° 23' 48.2"||164.82 mi||North||967.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Wed 2:32 PM||326 km||202 miles||176 nm||S|
|Alofi||Wed 1:32 PM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||W|
|Papeete||Wed 2:32 PM||1144 km||711 miles||618 nm||E|
|Apia *||Thu 2:32 PM||1321 km||821 miles||713 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 1:32 PM||1538 km||955 miles||830 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 1:32 PM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||WSW|
|Suva *||Thu 1:32 PM||2246 km||1396 miles||1213 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 2:32 PM||2259 km||1403 miles||1220 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Thu 12:32 PM||2466 km||1532 miles||1331 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:32 PM||2706 km||1682 miles||1461 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.