Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 5:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 05:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.54 meters/second, 1524.8 kilometres/hour, 947.4 miles/hour or 823.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 32.1"||947.21 mi||West||0° 05' 13.1"||5.98 mi||North||947.47 mi|
|24 hours||14° 18' 12.5"||941.38 mi||East||2° 37' 45.0"||180.79 mi||North||965.09 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Halls Creek||Thu 1:32 PM||33 km||20 miles||18 nm||S|
|Darwin||Thu 3:02 PM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||NNE|
|Tennant Creek||Thu 3:02 PM||707 km||440 miles||382 nm||ESE|
|Alice Springs||Thu 3:02 PM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||SE|
|Kupang||Thu 1:32 PM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Thu 2:32 PM||990 km||615 miles||535 nm||NNW|
|Same||Thu 2:32 PM||1013 km||630 miles||547 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Thu 2:32 PM||1063 km||661 miles||574 nm||NNW|
|Eucla||Thu 2:17 PM||1527 km||949 miles||824 nm||S|
|Makassar||Thu 1:32 PM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.