Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.94 meters/second, 1529.8 km/hour, 950.6 miles/hour or 826.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.84 mi||west||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||north||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 51.4"||950.40 mi||west||0° 05' 55.5"||6.79 mi||north||950.68 mi|
|24 hours||14° 09' 02.2"||934.11 mi||east||2° 52' 47.9"||198.04 mi||north||961.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mahajanga||Thu 2:14 PM||210 km||130 miles||113 nm||NNE|
|Antananarivo||Thu 2:14 PM||279 km||173 miles||150 nm||SE|
|Antsirabe||Thu 2:14 PM||321 km||200 miles||174 nm||SSE|
|Toamasina||Thu 2:14 PM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||ESE|
|Fianarantsoa||Thu 2:14 PM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||SSE|
|Mamoutzou||Thu 2:14 PM||512 km||318 miles||277 nm||N|
|Mutsamudu||Thu 2:14 PM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||N|
|Moroni||Thu 2:14 PM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||NNW|
|Toliara||Thu 2:14 PM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||SSW|
|Nampula||Thu 1:14 PM||704 km||438 miles||380 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.