Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.93 meters/second, 1529.8 km/hour, 950.5 miles/hour or 826.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 51.3"||950.33 mi||West||0° 05' 55.4"||6.79 mi||North||950.61 mi|
|24 hours||14° 09' 04.1"||934.07 mi||East||2° 52' 45.0"||197.97 mi||North||961.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mahajanga||Thu 2:14 PM||199 km||123 miles||107 nm||NNE|
|Antananarivo||Thu 2:14 PM||257 km||159 miles||139 nm||SE|
|Antsirabe||Thu 2:14 PM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||SSE|
|Toamasina||Thu 2:14 PM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||ESE|
|Fianarantsoa||Thu 2:14 PM||471 km||293 miles||255 nm||SSE|
|Mamoutzou||Thu 2:14 PM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||N|
|Mutsamudu||Thu 2:14 PM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||NNW|
|Fomboni||Thu 2:14 PM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||NNW|
|Moroni||Thu 2:14 PM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||NNW|
|Nampula||Thu 1:14 PM||731 km||454 miles||395 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.