Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.96 meters/second, 1529.9 km/hour, 950.6 miles/hour or 826.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 51.9"||950.40 mi||West||0° 05' 56.4"||6.81 mi||North||950.68 mi|
|24 hours||14° 08' 50.8"||933.89 mi||East||2° 53' 05.4"||198.36 mi||North||961.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mahajanga||Thu 2:22 PM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||NE|
|Antananarivo||Thu 2:22 PM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||ESE|
|Antsirabe||Thu 2:22 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||SE|
|Mamoutzou||Thu 2:22 PM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||NNE|
|Nampula||Thu 1:22 PM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||WNW|
|Fomboni||Thu 2:22 PM||566 km||352 miles||306 nm||N|
|Fianarantsoa||Thu 2:22 PM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||SE|
|Mutsamudu||Thu 2:22 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||N|
|Pemba||Thu 1:22 PM||601 km||374 miles||325 nm||NW|
|Toamasina||Thu 2:22 PM||604 km||376 miles||326 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.