Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.01 meters/second, 1530.0 km/hour, 950.7 miles/hour or 826.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 52.5"||950.50 mi||West||0° 05' 57.5"||6.83 mi||North||950.78 mi|
|24 hours||14° 08' 34.3"||933.67 mi||East||2° 53' 30.8"||198.84 mi||North||961.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nampula||Thu 1:32 PM||336 km||209 miles||182 nm||NW|
|Pemba||Thu 1:32 PM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||N|
|Mahajanga||Thu 2:32 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||ENE|
|Fomboni||Thu 2:32 PM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||NNE|
|Mamoutzou||Thu 2:32 PM||657 km||409 miles||355 nm||NE|
|Antsirabe||Thu 2:32 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||ESE|
|Moroni||Thu 2:32 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||NNE|
|Mutsamudu||Thu 2:32 PM||664 km||412 miles||358 nm||NNE|
|Antananarivo||Thu 2:32 PM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||ESE|
|Zomba||Thu 1:32 PM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.