Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 12:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 12:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.27 meters/second, 1531.0 km/hour, 951.3 miles/hour or 826.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.8"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||North||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 56.0"||951.08 mi||West||0° 06' 04.6"||6.97 mi||North||951.37 mi|
|24 hours||14° 06' 54.2"||932.34 mi||East||2° 56' 01.9"||201.73 mi||North||960.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lusaka||Thu 2:32 PM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||NE|
|Kabwe||Thu 2:32 PM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||NNE|
|Bulawayo||Thu 2:32 PM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||SSE|
|Gweru||Thu 2:32 PM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||SE|
|Francistown||Thu 2:32 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||S|
|Harare||Thu 2:32 PM||438 km||272 miles||237 nm||E|
|Chitungwiza||Thu 2:32 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||E|
|Mongu||Thu 2:32 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||WNW|
|Maun||Thu 2:32 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||SW|
|Ndola||Thu 2:32 PM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.