Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 21:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 21:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.75 meters/second, 1539.9 km/hour, 956.8 miles/hour or 831.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.95 mi||west||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||north||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 31.3"||956.65 mi||west||0° 07' 05.9"||8.14 mi||north||956.97 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 18.1"||919.91 mi||east||3° 17' 15.8"||226.04 mi||north||954.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Thu 4:32 PM||1378 km||856 miles||744 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 3:32 PM||2227 km||1384 miles||1202 nm||NE|
|Lima||Thu 4:32 PM||2805 km||1743 miles||1514 nm||E|
|Adamstown||Thu 1:32 PM||3011 km||1871 miles||1626 nm||WSW|
|Quito||Thu 4:32 PM||3193 km||1984 miles||1724 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Thu 3:32 PM||3551 km||2207 miles||1917 nm||NE|
|Managua||Thu 3:32 PM||3628 km||2254 miles||1959 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Thu 3:32 PM||3634 km||2258 miles||1962 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 3:32 PM||3670 km||2281 miles||1982 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Thu 5:32 PM||3685 km||2290 miles||1990 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.