Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 10:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 22:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.09 meters/second, 1541.1 km/hour, 957.6 miles/hour or 832.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 36.1"||957.41 mi||West||0° 07' 13.5"||8.28 mi||North||957.74 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 13.3"||918.25 mi||East||3° 19' 49.3"||228.97 mi||North||953.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 2:42 PM||1481 km||920 miles||800 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 5:42 PM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Thu 12:42 PM||3206 km||1992 miles||1731 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 4:42 PM||3687 km||2291 miles||1991 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:42 PM||4276 km||2657 miles||2309 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Thu 4:42 PM||4523 km||2810 miles||2442 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Thu 5:42 PM||4598 km||2857 miles||2483 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:42 PM||4615 km||2868 miles||2492 nm||WNW|
|Guatemala||Thu 4:42 PM||4660 km||2896 miles||2516 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 4:42 PM||4691 km||2915 miles||2533 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.