Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 23:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.23 meters/second, 1541.6 km/hour, 957.9 miles/hour or 832.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 38.2"||957.74 mi||West||0° 07' 16.6"||8.34 mi||North||958.07 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 19.4"||917.53 mi||East||3° 20' 54.4"||230.21 mi||North||952.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 3:12 PM||1054 km||655 miles||569 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 6:12 PM||2165 km||1346 miles||1169 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Thu 1:12 PM||2443 km||1518 miles||1319 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:12 PM||3530 km||2194 miles||1906 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:12 PM||3913 km||2431 miles||2113 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 12:12 PM||4590 km||2852 miles||2478 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 1:12 PM||4847 km||3012 miles||2617 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Thu 5:12 PM||4953 km||3078 miles||2675 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:12 PM||5131 km||3188 miles||2771 nm||WSW|
|Guatemala||Thu 5:12 PM||5229 km||3249 miles||2823 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.