Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 23:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.28 meters/second, 1541.8 km/hour, 958.0 miles/hour or 832.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 38.9"||957.85 mi||West||0° 07' 17.8"||8.36 mi||North||958.18 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 01.6"||917.29 mi||East||3° 21' 15.9"||230.62 mi||North||952.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Thu 2:22 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Thu 3:22 PM||1000 km||622 miles||540 nm||S|
|Papeete||Thu 1:22 PM||2187 km||1359 miles||1181 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Thu 6:22 PM||2376 km||1476 miles||1283 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:22 PM||3282 km||2040 miles||1772 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:22 PM||3687 km||2291 miles||1991 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 12:22 PM||4338 km||2695 miles||2342 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 1:22 PM||4591 km||2852 miles||2479 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:22 PM||4882 km||3034 miles||2636 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Thu 5:22 PM||5116 km||3179 miles||2762 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.