Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.33 meters/second, 1542.0 km/hour, 958.2 miles/hour or 832.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 39.6"||957.96 mi||West||0° 07' 18.8"||8.38 mi||North||958.29 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 43.5"||917.05 mi||East||3° 21' 37.4"||231.03 mi||North||952.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Thu 2:32 PM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 3:32 PM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||S|
|Papeete||Thu 1:32 PM||1933 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Thu 6:32 PM||2593 km||1611 miles||1400 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:32 PM||3035 km||1886 miles||1639 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:32 PM||3466 km||2154 miles||1871 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 12:32 PM||4086 km||2539 miles||2206 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 1:32 PM||4334 km||2693 miles||2340 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:32 PM||4369 km||2715 miles||2359 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 12:32 PM||4634 km||2879 miles||2502 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.