Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 23:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.43 meters/second, 1542.3 km/hour, 958.4 miles/hour or 832.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 41.0"||958.18 mi||West||0° 07' 20.8"||8.42 mi||North||958.51 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 07.6"||916.58 mi||East||3° 22' 20.1"||231.84 mi||North||952.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Thu 2:52 PM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||S|
|Taiohae||Thu 2:22 PM||851 km||529 miles||460 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Thu 3:52 PM||1191 km||740 miles||643 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Thu 1:52 PM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 1:52 PM||2542 km||1579 miles||1372 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 6:52 PM||3040 km||1889 miles||1642 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:52 PM||3045 km||1892 miles||1644 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 12:52 PM||3581 km||2225 miles||1934 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 1:52 PM||3820 km||2374 miles||2063 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:52 PM||3857 km||2397 miles||2083 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.