Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 6, 2013 at 12:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 6, 2013 at 00:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.68 meters/second, 1543.2 km/hour, 958.9 miles/hour or 833.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||North||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 44.7"||958.73 mi||West||0° 07' 26.0"||8.52 mi||North||959.06 mi|
|24 hours||13° 45' 37.7"||915.38 mi||East||3° 24' 06.2"||233.87 mi||North||951.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 2:42 PM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||SW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Thu 2:42 PM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:42 PM||1346 km||836 miles||727 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 4:42 PM||2148 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:42 PM||2204 km||1369 miles||1190 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Thu 1:42 PM||2320 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 2:42 PM||2535 km||1575 miles||1369 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:42 PM||2589 km||1609 miles||1398 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 1:42 PM||2894 km||1798 miles||1563 nm||WSW|
|Suva *||Fri 1:42 PM||3546 km||2204 miles||1915 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.