Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 6, 2013 at 1:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 6, 2013 at 01:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.92 meters/second, 1544.1 km/hour, 959.5 miles/hour or 833.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 48.2"||959.29 mi||West||0° 07' 31.3"||8.62 mi||North||959.62 mi|
|24 hours||13° 44' 07.3"||914.18 mi||East||3° 25' 50.7"||235.86 mi||North||951.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Thu 3:32 PM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||S|
|Alofi||Thu 2:32 PM||1081 km||672 miles||584 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Thu 3:32 PM||1162 km||722 miles||627 nm||E|
|Apia *||Fri 3:32 PM||1253 km||778 miles||676 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:32 PM||1384 km||860 miles||747 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 2:32 PM||1678 km||1043 miles||906 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:32 PM||1983 km||1232 miles||1071 nm||N|
|Suva *||Fri 2:32 PM||2278 km||1415 miles||1230 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:32 PM||2368 km||1471 miles||1279 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:32 PM||2509 km||1559 miles||1355 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.