Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, December 6, 2013 at 04:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 6, 2013 at 04:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.83 meters/second, 1547.4 km/hour, 961.5 miles/hour or 835.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.02 mi||west||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||north||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 01.1"||961.31 mi||west||0° 07' 49.3"||8.97 mi||north||961.66 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 40.9"||909.83 mi||east||3° 31' 55.7"||242.82 mi||north||948.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Fri 3:32 PM||766 km||476 miles||414 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Fri 3:32 PM||812 km||505 miles||438 nm||N|
|Cairns||Fri 2:32 PM||1153 km||716 miles||622 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Fri 2:32 PM||1204 km||748 miles||650 nm||WNW|
|Port Vila||Fri 3:32 PM||1292 km||803 miles||698 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Fri 3:32 PM||1297 km||806 miles||700 nm||SE|
|Brisbane||Fri 2:32 PM||1379 km||857 miles||744 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 4:32 PM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||NE|
|Sydney *||Fri 3:32 PM||2108 km||1310 miles||1138 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Fri 1:32 PM||2240 km||1392 miles||1209 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.