Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 6, 2013 at 5:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 6, 2013 at 05:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.18 meters/second, 1548.7 km/hour, 962.3 miles/hour or 836.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||North||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 06.4"||962.11 mi||West||0° 07' 56.1"||9.10 mi||North||962.45 mi|
|24 hours||13° 36' 33.3"||908.13 mi||East||3° 34' 12.7"||245.44 mi||North||947.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Fri 3:42 PM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||ESE|
|Tennant Creek||Fri 3:12 PM||753 km||468 miles||406 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Fri 3:12 PM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 3:42 PM||1045 km||649 miles||564 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Fri 3:12 PM||1109 km||689 miles||599 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Fri 2:42 PM||1415 km||879 miles||764 nm||N|
|Dili||Fri 2:42 PM||1700 km||1057 miles||918 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Fri 2:42 PM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Fri 3:42 PM||1934 km||1202 miles||1044 nm||SE|
|Eucla||Fri 2:27 PM||2118 km||1316 miles||1144 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.