Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, December 6, 2013 at 05:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 6, 2013 at 05:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.18 meters/second, 1548.7 km/hour, 962.3 miles/hour or 836.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.04 mi||west||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||north||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 06.4"||962.11 mi||west||0° 07' 56.1"||9.10 mi||north||962.45 mi|
|24 hours||13° 36' 33.3"||908.13 mi||east||3° 34' 12.7"||245.44 mi||north||947.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Fri 3:42 PM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||ESE|
|Tennant Creek||Fri 3:12 PM||753 km||468 miles||406 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Fri 3:12 PM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 3:42 PM||1045 km||649 miles||564 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Fri 3:12 PM||1110 km||690 miles||599 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Fri 2:42 PM||1415 km||879 miles||764 nm||N|
|Dili||Fri 2:42 PM||1700 km||1057 miles||918 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Fri 2:42 PM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Fri 3:42 PM||1934 km||1202 miles||1044 nm||SE|
|Eucla||Fri 2:27 PM||2118 km||1316 miles||1144 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.