Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, December 6, 2013 at 05:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 6, 2013 at 05:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.19 meters/second, 1548.7 km/hour, 962.3 miles/hour or 836.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.04 mi||west||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||north||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 06.5"||962.12 mi||west||0° 07' 56.3"||9.10 mi||north||962.47 mi|
|24 hours||13° 36' 31.2"||908.11 mi||east||3° 34' 14.9"||245.48 mi||north||947.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Fri 3:42 PM||710 km||441 miles||384 nm||ESE|
|Tennant Creek||Fri 3:12 PM||731 km||454 miles||395 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Fri 3:12 PM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 3:42 PM||1068 km||664 miles||577 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Fri 3:12 PM||1095 km||681 miles||591 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Fri 2:42 PM||1417 km||881 miles||765 nm||N|
|Dili||Fri 2:42 PM||1674 km||1040 miles||904 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Fri 2:42 PM||1697 km||1055 miles||916 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Fri 3:42 PM||1954 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||SE|
|Eucla||Fri 2:27 PM||2104 km||1308 miles||1136 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.