Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 6, 2013 at 6:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 6, 2013 at 06:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.44 meters/second, 1549.6 km/hour, 962.9 miles/hour or 836.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.05 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.05 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 10.0"||962.68 mi||West||0° 08' 01.1"||9.19 mi||North||963.03 mi|
|24 hours||13° 35' 02.2"||906.92 mi||East||3° 35' 49.0"||247.27 mi||North||946.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Fri 4:02 PM||460 km||286 miles||249 nm||NE|
|Suai||Fri 3:32 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Fri 2:32 PM||706 km||439 miles||381 nm||NW|
|Same||Fri 3:32 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||NNW|
|Baucau||Fri 3:32 PM||753 km||468 miles||407 nm||N|
|Dili||Fri 3:32 PM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||NNW|
|Tennant Creek||Fri 4:02 PM||857 km||532 miles||463 nm||SE|
|Ende||Fri 2:32 PM||955 km||593 miles||515 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Fri 4:02 PM||1150 km||715 miles||621 nm||SE|
|Kendari||Fri 2:32 PM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.