Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 6, 2013 at 5:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 6, 2013 at 17:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.84 meters/second, 1561.8 km/hour, 970.5 miles/hour or 843.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 00.0"||970.33 mi||West||0° 08' 59.2"||10.30 mi||North||970.69 mi|
|24 hours||13° 15' 00.8"||890.81 mi||East||3° 54' 46.0"||268.95 mi||North||936.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maceió||Fri 2:32 PM||672 km||417 miles||363 nm||NW|
|Recife||Fri 2:32 PM||744 km||462 miles||402 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Fri 2:32 PM||806 km||501 miles||435 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Fri 2:32 PM||1366 km||849 miles||738 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Fri 3:32 PM||1645 km||1022 miles||888 nm||SW|
|Brasilia *||Fri 3:32 PM||1826 km||1134 miles||986 nm||W|
|São Paulo *||Fri 3:32 PM||1974 km||1226 miles||1066 nm||SW|
|Belém||Fri 2:32 PM||2341 km||1455 miles||1264 nm||NW|
|Jamestown||Fri 5:32 PM||2740 km||1703 miles||1480 nm||E|
|Asuncion *||Fri 2:32 PM||3065 km||1905 miles||1655 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.