Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 6, 2013 at 11:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 6, 2013 at 23:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.54 meters/second, 1568.0 km/hour, 974.3 miles/hour or 846.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 25.2"||974.14 mi||West||0° 09' 24.3"||10.78 mi||North||974.50 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 11.5"||882.83 mi||East||4° 02' 42.9"||278.04 mi||North||931.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:02 PM||1588 km||987 miles||857 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:02 PM||2470 km||1535 miles||1333 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 5:02 PM||2651 km||1647 miles||1431 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Fri 6:02 PM||3634 km||2258 miles||1962 nm||E|
|Guatemala||Fri 5:02 PM||3743 km||2326 miles||2021 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 5:02 PM||3753 km||2332 miles||2026 nm||NE|
|Mexico City||Fri 5:02 PM||3773 km||2344 miles||2037 nm||NNE|
|Quito||Fri 6:02 PM||3791 km||2356 miles||2047 nm||ENE|
|Managua||Fri 5:02 PM||3841 km||2386 miles||2074 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 5:02 PM||3850 km||2392 miles||2079 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.