Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 6, 2013 at 11:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 6, 2013 at 23:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.64 meters/second, 1568.3 km/hour, 974.5 miles/hour or 846.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 26.9"||974.37 mi||West||0° 09' 25.8"||10.80 mi||North||974.73 mi|
|24 hours||13° 04' 36.2"||882.35 mi||East||4° 03' 10.0"||278.55 mi||North||931.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:22 PM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:22 PM||2071 km||1287 miles||1118 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 5:22 PM||3121 km||1939 miles||1685 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Fri 1:22 PM||3717 km||2310 miles||2007 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Fri 5:22 PM||3973 km||2469 miles||2145 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 5:22 PM||4073 km||2531 miles||2199 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 5:22 PM||4102 km||2549 miles||2215 nm||NE|
|Lima||Fri 6:22 PM||4156 km||2583 miles||2244 nm||E|
|Managua||Fri 5:22 PM||4224 km||2625 miles||2281 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 5:22 PM||4264 km||2649 miles||2302 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.