Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Friday, December 6, 2013 at 11:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 6, 2013 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.70 meters/second, 1568.5 kilometres/hour, 974.6 miles/hour or 846.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 27.6"||974.48 mi||West||0° 09' 26.5"||10.82 mi||North||974.84 mi|
|24 hours||13° 04' 18.4"||882.11 mi||East||4° 03' 23.3"||278.81 mi||North||931.10 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:32 PM||1815 km||1128 miles||980 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:32 PM||1890 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 5:32 PM||3363 km||2090 miles||1816 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Fri 1:32 PM||3463 km||2152 miles||1870 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Fri 5:32 PM||4095 km||2544 miles||2211 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 5:32 PM||4253 km||2643 miles||2297 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 5:32 PM||4291 km||2666 miles||2317 nm||NE|
|Lima||Fri 6:32 PM||4417 km||2745 miles||2385 nm||E|
|Managua||Fri 5:32 PM||4428 km||2751 miles||2391 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 5:32 PM||4480 km||2784 miles||2419 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.