Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 6, 2013 at 11:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 6, 2013 at 23:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.75 meters/second, 1568.7 km/hour, 974.7 miles/hour or 847.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 28.4"||974.60 mi||West||0° 09' 27.2"||10.83 mi||North||974.96 mi|
|24 hours||13° 04' 00.8"||881.87 mi||East||4° 03' 36.7"||279.06 mi||North||930.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 3:42 PM||1728 km||1074 miles||933 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:42 PM||1951 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 1:42 PM||3209 km||1994 miles||1733 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 5:42 PM||3608 km||2242 miles||1948 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City||Fri 5:42 PM||4230 km||2628 miles||2284 nm||NNE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:42 PM||4319 km||2683 miles||2332 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:42 PM||4418 km||2745 miles||2385 nm||WNW|
|Guatemala||Fri 5:42 PM||4442 km||2760 miles||2398 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 5:42 PM||4487 km||2788 miles||2423 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 5:42 PM||4637 km||2881 miles||2504 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.