Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 05:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 05:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.51 meters/second, 1575.0 km/hour, 978.7 miles/hour or 850.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.31 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 55.0"||978.62 mi||west||0° 09' 50.9"||11.28 mi||north||978.98 mi|
|24 hours||12° 53' 52.2"||873.61 mi||east||4° 10' 50.8"||287.35 mi||north||925.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gizo||Sat 4:32 PM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Sat 4:32 PM||562 km||350 miles||304 nm||ENE|
|Arawa||Sat 3:32 PM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||N|
|Buka||Sat 3:32 PM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||N|
|Port Moresby||Sat 3:32 PM||931 km||578 miles||503 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Sat 3:32 PM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Sat 4:32 PM||1543 km||959 miles||833 nm||ESE|
|Brisbane||Sat 3:32 PM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||S|
|Yaren||Sat 5:32 PM||1778 km||1105 miles||960 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Sat 2:32 PM||1911 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.