Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.00 meters/second, 1591.2 km/hour, 988.7 miles/hour or 859.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 06.1"||988.62 mi||West||0° 10' 41.7"||12.25 mi||North||988.94 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 52.5"||851.72 mi||East||4° 25' 17.1"||303.83 mi||North||908.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Trujillo||Sat 4:50 PM||143 km||89 miles||77 nm||NE|
|Chiclayo||Sat 4:50 PM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||N|
|Lima||Sat 4:50 PM||475 km||295 miles||256 nm||SE|
|Loja||Sat 4:50 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||N|
|Guayaquil||Sat 4:50 PM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||N|
|Portoviejo||Sat 4:50 PM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||N|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sat 4:50 PM||942 km||585 miles||509 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Sat 4:50 PM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||N|
|Rio Branco||Sat 4:50 PM||1345 km||836 miles||726 nm||E|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 3:50 PM||1385 km||861 miles||748 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.