Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 10:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 22:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.04 meters/second, 1591.3 km/hour, 988.8 miles/hour or 859.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 06.8"||988.72 mi||West||0° 10' 42.1"||12.26 mi||North||989.03 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 37.7"||851.51 mi||East||4° 25' 23.5"||303.95 mi||North||908.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Loja||Sat 5:00 PM||651 km||404 miles||351 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Sat 5:00 PM||685 km||426 miles||370 nm||ESE|
|Guayaquil||Sat 5:00 PM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||NNE|
|Portoviejo||Sat 5:00 PM||897 km||557 miles||484 nm||NNE|
|Quito||Sat 5:00 PM||1056 km||656 miles||570 nm||NNE|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 4:00 PM||1190 km||740 miles||643 nm||NW|
|Cali||Sat 5:00 PM||1516 km||942 miles||818 nm||NNE|
|Rio Branco||Sat 5:00 PM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||E|
|Bogota||Sat 5:00 PM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Sat 6:00 PM||1764 km||1096 miles||953 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.