Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 10:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 22:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.25 meters/second, 1592.1 km/hour, 989.3 miles/hour or 859.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 10.2"||989.18 mi||West||0° 10' 44.1"||12.30 mi||North||989.49 mi|
|24 hours||12° 26' 24.4"||850.46 mi||East||4° 25' 54.6"||304.55 mi||North||907.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 4:50 PM||1025 km||637 miles||554 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Sat 5:50 PM||1772 km||1101 miles||957 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Sat 5:50 PM||1945 km||1209 miles||1050 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Sat 5:50 PM||2008 km||1248 miles||1084 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Sat 4:50 PM||2368 km||1472 miles||1279 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sat 4:50 PM||2486 km||1545 miles||1342 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Sat 4:50 PM||2553 km||1586 miles||1378 nm||NNE|
|Easter Island *||Sat 5:50 PM||2560 km||1591 miles||1382 nm||SW|
|Panama||Sat 5:50 PM||2572 km||1598 miles||1389 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sat 4:50 PM||2623 km||1630 miles||1416 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.