Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 8, 2013 at 3:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 8, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.43 meters/second, 1596.4 kilometres/hour, 991.9 miles/hour or 862.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 30.3"||991.84 mi||West||0° 10' 55.1"||12.51 mi||North||992.13 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 19.4"||844.32 mi||East||4° 28' 36.6"||307.63 mi||North||902.08 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:50 PM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Sun 4:50 PM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||NW|
|Atafu||Sun 4:50 PM||629 km||391 miles||339 nm||W|
|Kanton Island||Sun 4:50 PM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||NW|
|Pago Pago||Sat 4:50 PM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Sun 5:50 PM||851 km||529 miles||459 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sun 5:50 PM||875 km||544 miles||472 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Sat 4:50 PM||1281 km||796 miles||692 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 3:50 PM||1392 km||865 miles||751 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:50 PM||1509 km||937 miles||815 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.