Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, December 8, 2013 at 05:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 8, 2013 at 05:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.91 meters/second, 1598.1 km/hour, 993.0 miles/hour or 862.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.55 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 38.6"||992.90 mi||west||0° 10' 59.2"||12.58 mi||north||993.19 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 26.0"||841.79 mi||east||4° 29' 32.8"||308.69 mi||north||899.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 4:58 PM||334 km||207 miles||180 nm||SW|
|Gizo||Sun 4:58 PM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||W|
|Arawa||Sun 3:58 PM||754 km||468 miles||407 nm||W|
|Buka||Sun 3:58 PM||870 km||541 miles||470 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Sun 5:58 PM||925 km||575 miles||500 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Sun 4:58 PM||1310 km||814 miles||708 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sun 5:58 PM||1546 km||960 miles||835 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Sun 4:58 PM||1656 km||1029 miles||894 nm||NNW|
|Port Moresby||Sun 3:58 PM||1675 km||1041 miles||904 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 5:58 PM||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.