Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 8, 2013 at 5:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 8, 2013 at 05:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.91 meters/second, 1598.1 kilometres/hour, 993.0 miles/hour or 862.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 38.6"||992.90 mi||West||0° 10' 59.2"||12.58 mi||North||993.19 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 26.0"||841.79 mi||East||4° 29' 32.8"||308.69 mi||North||899.85 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 4:58 PM||334 km||207 miles||180 nm||SW|
|Gizo||Sun 4:58 PM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||W|
|Arawa||Sun 3:58 PM||754 km||468 miles||407 nm||W|
|Yaren||Sun 5:58 PM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Sun 4:58 PM||1311 km||815 miles||708 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sun 5:58 PM||1546 km||960 miles||835 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Sun 4:58 PM||1656 km||1029 miles||894 nm||NNW|
|Port Moresby||Sun 3:58 PM||1675 km||1041 miles||904 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 5:58 PM||1870 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||E|
|Majuro||Sun 5:58 PM||1903 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.