Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, December 8, 2013 at 05:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 8, 2013 at 05:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.91 meters/second, 1598.1 km/hour, 993.0 miles/hour or 862.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.55 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 38.6"||992.98 mi||west||0° 10' 59.2"||12.58 mi||north||993.26 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 24.5"||841.83 mi||east||4° 29' 33.4"||308.72 mi||north||899.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 4:58 PM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||SW|
|Gizo||Sun 4:58 PM||573 km||356 miles||309 nm||W|
|Arawa||Sun 3:58 PM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||W|
|Buka||Sun 3:58 PM||841 km||523 miles||454 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Sun 5:58 PM||942 km||585 miles||509 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Sun 4:58 PM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sun 5:58 PM||1568 km||975 miles||847 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 3:58 PM||1645 km||1022 miles||888 nm||W|
|Palikir||Sun 4:58 PM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||NNW|
|Funafuti||Sun 5:58 PM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.