Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 3:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.71 meters/second, 1615.4 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.5"||1003.68 mi||West||0° 11' 13.1"||12.85 mi||North||1003.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 18.0"||801.42 mi||East||4° 22' 33.0"||300.67 mi||North||854.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:40 PM||1903 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 5:40 PM||2302 km||1430 miles||1243 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 5:40 PM||2941 km||1827 miles||1588 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Mon 7:40 PM||3096 km||1924 miles||1672 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:40 PM||3260 km||2026 miles||1760 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:40 PM||3622 km||2251 miles||1956 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 5:40 PM||3850 km||2392 miles||2079 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 4:40 PM||3937 km||2446 miles||2126 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:40 PM||4034 km||2507 miles||2178 nm||W|
|Los Angeles||Mon 7:40 PM||4306 km||2676 miles||2325 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.