Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 03:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.71 meters/second, 1615.4 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||north||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.5"||1003.75 mi||west||0° 11' 13.1"||12.85 mi||north||1003.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 17.4"||801.47 mi||east||4° 22' 32.3"||300.67 mi||north||854.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:40 PM||1873 km||1164 miles||1011 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 5:40 PM||2289 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 5:40 PM||2921 km||1815 miles||1577 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Mon 7:40 PM||3107 km||1931 miles||1678 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:40 PM||3241 km||2014 miles||1750 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:40 PM||3597 km||2235 miles||1942 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 5:40 PM||3823 km||2376 miles||2064 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 4:40 PM||3912 km||2431 miles||2112 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:40 PM||4004 km||2488 miles||2162 nm||W|
|Los Angeles||Mon 7:40 PM||4321 km||2685 miles||2333 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.