Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 3:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 15:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.19 meters/second, 1613.5 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.4"||1002.50 mi||West||0° 10' 56.7"||12.53 mi||North||1002.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 58.0"||795.23 mi||East||4° 13' 19.6"||290.12 mi||North||844.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mogadishu||Tue 6:40 PM||145 km||90 miles||79 nm||S|
|Galkayo||Tue 6:40 PM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||NNE|
|Kismayo||Tue 6:40 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||SW|
|Hargeisa||Tue 6:40 PM||708 km||440 miles||383 nm||NNW|
|Garissa||Tue 6:40 PM||781 km||486 miles||422 nm||WSW|
|Dire Dawa||Tue 6:40 PM||805 km||500 miles||434 nm||NNW|
|Ali Sabieh||Tue 6:40 PM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||NNW|
|Dikhil||Tue 6:40 PM||929 km||577 miles||502 nm||NNW|
|Djibouti||Tue 6:40 PM||951 km||591 miles||514 nm||NNW|
|Bosaso||Tue 6:40 PM||965 km||600 miles||521 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.