Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 4:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 04:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.86 meters/second, 1608.7 km/hour, 999.6 miles/hour or 868.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 14.5"||999.51 mi||West||0° 10' 31.0"||12.04 mi||North||999.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 53.7"||790.32 mi||East||4° 00' 23.9"||275.34 mi||North||833.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 6:40 PM||1627 km||1011 miles||878 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 6:40 PM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 6:40 PM||2660 km||1653 miles||1436 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 6:40 PM||3484 km||2165 miles||1881 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:40 PM||3528 km||2192 miles||1905 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 8:40 PM||3683 km||2289 miles||1989 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Tue 4:40 PM||3749 km||2330 miles||2025 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 6:40 PM||3825 km||2377 miles||2065 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Tue 5:40 PM||4009 km||2491 miles||2164 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles||Tue 8:40 PM||4060 km||2523 miles||2192 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.