Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 9:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 09:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.10 meters/second, 1523.2 km/hour, 946.5 miles/hour or 822.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||South||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.3"||946.18 mi||West||0° 00' 50.0"||0.96 mi||South||946.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 55.7"||758.52 mi||East||0° 44' 50.5"||51.41 mi||South||761.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 11:28 PM||1579 km||981 miles||853 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:28 PM||2511 km||1560 miles||1356 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Tue 1:28 AM||2830 km||1759 miles||1528 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Tue 1:28 AM||2915 km||1811 miles||1574 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Tue 1:28 AM||3271 km||2032 miles||1766 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Tue 2:28 AM||3393 km||2108 miles||1832 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Tue 2:28 AM||3416 km||2122 miles||1844 nm||ENE|
|Seattle||Tue 1:28 AM||3627 km||2254 miles||1958 nm||NNE|
|Midway||Mon 10:28 PM||3633 km||2258 miles||1962 nm||WNW|
|Vancouver||Tue 1:28 AM||3742 km||2325 miles||2020 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.