Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 04:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 04:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.48 meters/second, 1542.5 km/hour, 958.5 miles/hour or 832.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||15.97 mi||west||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||south||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.6"||958.24 mi||west||0° 04' 32.9"||5.21 mi||south||958.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 35.7"||734.98 mi||east||2° 09' 31.6"||148.45 mi||south||753.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Thu 12:52 AM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||SW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Thu 12:52 AM||923 km||573 miles||498 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Thu 12:52 AM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Thu 12:52 AM||931 km||579 miles||503 nm||WSW|
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Thu 12:52 AM||938 km||583 miles||507 nm||W|
|Castries||Thu 12:52 AM||942 km||586 miles||509 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Thu 12:52 AM||944 km||586 miles||510 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Thu 12:52 AM||948 km||589 miles||512 nm||W|
|Vieux Fort||Thu 12:52 AM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Thu 12:52 AM||984 km||612 miles||532 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.