Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 4:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 16:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.80 meters/second, 1590.5 km/hour, 988.3 miles/hour or 858.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.4"||16.47 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 29.3"||988.16 mi||West||0° 08' 16.4"||9.48 mi||South||988.43 mi|
|24 hours||10° 31' 38.4"||714.59 mi||East||3° 30' 32.1"||241.16 mi||South||757.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kolonia||Sun 3:10 AM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Sun 3:10 AM||839 km||521 miles||453 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sun 4:10 AM||875 km||544 miles||472 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Sun 4:10 AM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||NNE|
|Yaren||Sun 4:10 AM||1316 km||818 miles||710 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:10 AM||1423 km||884 miles||769 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 2:10 AM||2166 km||1346 miles||1170 nm||W|
|Honiara||Sun 3:10 AM||2327 km||1446 miles||1257 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:10 AM||2423 km||1506 miles||1308 nm||ESE|
|Midway||Sat 5:10 AM||2674 km||1661 miles||1444 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.