Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 5:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 17:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.98 meters/second, 1591.1 km/hour, 988.7 miles/hour or 859.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.4"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 30.3"||988.56 mi||West||0° 08' 18.7"||9.52 mi||South||988.84 mi|
|24 hours||10° 31' 21.2"||714.55 mi||East||3° 31' 21.6"||242.10 mi||South||758.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Sun 4:00 AM||778 km||483 miles||420 nm||SE|
|Saipan||Sun 3:00 AM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||WNW|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:00 AM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||WNW|
|Wake Island||Sun 5:00 AM||1784 km||1109 miles||963 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Sun 2:00 AM||1979 km||1230 miles||1068 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Sun 2:00 AM||1990 km||1237 miles||1074 nm||W|
|Yaren||Sun 5:00 AM||2053 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Sun 5:00 AM||2131 km||1324 miles||1151 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Sun 3:00 AM||2333 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Sun 4:00 AM||2409 km||1497 miles||1301 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.