Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 5:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 17:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.02 meters/second, 1591.3 km/hour, 988.8 miles/hour or 859.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.4"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 30.6"||988.64 mi||West||0° 08' 19.3"||9.53 mi||South||988.92 mi|
|24 hours||10° 31' 17.8"||714.54 mi||East||3° 31' 31.4"||242.29 mi||South||758.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weno||Sun 3:10 AM||440 km||274 miles||238 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 3:10 AM||632 km||392 miles||341 nm||WNW|
|Saipan||Sun 3:10 AM||654 km||407 miles||353 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Sun 4:10 AM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||ESE|
|Kolonia||Sun 4:10 AM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Sun 2:10 AM||1729 km||1074 miles||933 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Sun 2:10 AM||1812 km||1126 miles||979 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sun 5:10 AM||2013 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Sun 2:10 AM||2194 km||1363 miles||1185 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sun 5:10 AM||2268 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.