Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 22, 2013 at 5:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 22, 2013 at 17:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.60 meters/second, 1607.8 kilometres/hour, 999.0 miles/hour or 868.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.8"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 50.4"||998.92 mi||West||0° 09' 17.8"||10.65 mi||South||999.15 mi|
|24 hours||10° 27' 23.0"||717.20 mi||East||3° 51' 27.4"||265.07 mi||South||767.06 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kolonia||Mon 4:10 AM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Mon 4:10 AM||263 km||164 miles||142 nm||WSW|
|Kwajalein||Mon 5:10 AM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||E|
|Weno||Mon 3:10 AM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||W|
|Yaren||Mon 5:10 AM||1136 km||706 miles||613 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Mon 5:10 AM||1203 km||748 miles||650 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Mon 5:10 AM||1469 km||913 miles||793 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Mon 5:10 AM||1540 km||957 miles||831 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Mon 3:10 AM||1847 km||1147 miles||997 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Mon 4:10 AM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.