Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 23, 2013 at 7:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 23, 2013 at 19:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.65 meters/second, 1618.7 km/hour, 1005.8 miles/hour or 874.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.8"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 46.9"||1005.76 mi||West||0° 10' 01.0"||11.47 mi||South||1005.91 mi|
|24 hours||10° 34' 17.2"||730.10 mi||East||4° 04' 44.2"||280.26 mi||South||782.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Tue 4:28 AM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||NNW|
|Manokwari||Tue 4:28 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||SW|
|Colonia||Tue 5:28 AM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||N|
|Jayapura||Tue 4:28 AM||731 km||454 miles||395 nm||SSE|
|Davao||Tue 3:28 AM||1380 km||858 miles||745 nm||WNW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 5:28 AM||1391 km||864 miles||751 nm||NE|
|General Santos||Tue 3:28 AM||1399 km||870 miles||756 nm||WNW|
|Manado||Tue 3:28 AM||1415 km||880 miles||764 nm||W|
|Gorontalo||Tue 3:28 AM||1628 km||1012 miles||879 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Tue 5:28 AM||1768 km||1099 miles||955 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.