Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 2:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 14:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.49 meters/second, 1614.6 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 29.1"||1003.13 mi||West||0° 10' 19.5"||11.82 mi||South||1003.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 38.6"||776.82 mi||East||4° 04' 02.2"||279.49 mi||South||823.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Wed 5:18 AM||870 km||541 miles||470 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 4:48 AM||2310 km||1435 miles||1247 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Wed 6:48 AM||2332 km||1449 miles||1259 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Thu 4:48 AM||2762 km||1716 miles||1491 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 4:48 AM||3430 km||2131 miles||1852 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 9:48 AM||3587 km||2229 miles||1937 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Wed 4:48 AM||3895 km||2421 miles||2103 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 3:48 AM||4234 km||2631 miles||2286 nm||W|
|Alofi||Wed 3:48 AM||4308 km||2677 miles||2326 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Thu 4:48 AM||4360 km||2709 miles||2354 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.