Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 19:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 19:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.82 meters/second, 1612.1 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||south||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 13.9"||1001.62 mi||west||0° 10' 16.6"||11.77 mi||south||1001.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 55.9"||784.25 mi||east||4° 01' 46.4"||276.90 mi||south||828.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buka||Thu 5:48 AM||80 km||50 miles||43 nm||ESE|
|Arawa||Thu 5:48 AM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||SE|
|Gizo||Thu 6:48 AM||456 km||284 miles||246 nm||SE|
|Lae||Thu 5:48 AM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Thu 6:48 AM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 5:48 AM||899 km||559 miles||486 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Thu 6:48 AM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||NNE|
|Jayapura||Thu 4:48 AM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||W|
|Yaren||Thu 7:48 AM||1516 km||942 miles||818 nm||ENE|
|Cairns||Thu 5:48 AM||1592 km||989 miles||859 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.