Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 27, 2013 at 5:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 27, 2013 at 05:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 440.78 meters/second, 1586.8 kilometres/hour, 986.0 miles/hour or 856.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 59.0"||985.80 mi||West||0° 09' 24.5"||10.78 mi||South||985.60 mi|
|24 hours||12° 23' 51.2"||842.90 mi||East||3° 31' 39.6"||242.49 mi||South||871.90 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lubumbashi||Fri 7:18 AM||116 km||72 miles||63 nm||S|
|Kitwe||Fri 7:18 AM||251 km||156 miles||135 nm||SSE|
|Ndola||Fri 7:18 AM||283 km||176 miles||153 nm||SSE|
|Kasama||Fri 7:18 AM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||E|
|Kabwe||Fri 7:18 AM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||SSE|
|Lusaka||Fri 7:18 AM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||S|
|Chipata||Fri 7:18 AM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||ESE|
|Mbuji-Mayi||Fri 7:18 AM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||NW|
|Mbeya||Fri 8:18 AM||668 km||415 miles||360 nm||ENE|
|Mzuzu||Fri 7:18 AM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.