Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 27, 2013 at 5:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 27, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.32 meters/second, 1574.3 km/hour, 978.2 miles/hour or 850.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 56.5"||978.03 mi||West||0° 08' 47.9"||10.08 mi||South||977.80 mi|
|24 hours||12° 50' 24.0"||867.14 mi||East||3° 12' 58.1"||221.11 mi||South||889.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 7:40 AM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 7:40 AM||1300 km||808 miles||702 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 7:40 AM||1711 km||1063 miles||924 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Fri 6:40 AM||2091 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:40 AM||2170 km||1349 miles||1172 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 7:40 AM||2191 km||1362 miles||1183 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Fri 9:40 AM||2652 km||1648 miles||1432 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 6:40 AM||2687 km||1669 miles||1451 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 5:40 AM||3086 km||1917 miles||1666 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:40 AM||3225 km||2004 miles||1741 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.