Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 5:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 17:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.18 meters/second, 1548.6 km/hour, 962.3 miles/hour or 836.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||South||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 45.4"||962.00 mi||West||0° 07' 06.1"||8.14 mi||South||961.76 mi|
|24 hours||13° 43' 02.7"||913.51 mi||East||2° 23' 49.7"||164.84 mi||South||922.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 8:00 AM||817 km||507 miles||441 nm||NNW|
|Gambier Islands||Sat 8:30 AM||836 km||519 miles||451 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Sat 9:30 AM||1224 km||761 miles||661 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sat 7:30 AM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sat 7:30 AM||2546 km||1582 miles||1375 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 7:30 AM||3018 km||1875 miles||1630 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 12:30 PM||3063 km||1903 miles||1654 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 6:30 AM||3581 km||2225 miles||1934 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 7:30 AM||3815 km||2370 miles||2060 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 6:30 AM||3847 km||2391 miles||2077 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.