Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 5:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.13 meters/second, 1548.5 km/hour, 962.2 miles/hour or 836.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||South||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 44.5"||961.89 mi||West||0° 07' 05.4"||8.12 mi||South||961.65 mi|
|24 hours||13° 43' 24.3"||913.81 mi||East||2° 23' 25.5"||164.38 mi||South||922.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 8:10 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||N|
|Gambier Islands||Sat 8:40 AM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sat 7:40 AM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 9:40 AM||1373 km||853 miles||741 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 7:40 AM||2300 km||1429 miles||1242 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 7:40 AM||2822 km||1753 miles||1524 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 12:40 PM||3289 km||2044 miles||1776 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 6:40 AM||3328 km||2068 miles||1797 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 7:40 AM||3557 km||2210 miles||1921 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 6:40 AM||3591 km||2231 miles||1939 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.