Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 6:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.83 meters/second, 1547.4 km/hour, 961.5 miles/hour or 835.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||South||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 38.8"||961.23 mi||West||0° 07' 00.1"||8.02 mi||South||960.98 mi|
|24 hours||13° 45' 33.0"||915.66 mi||East||2° 20' 58.3"||161.57 mi||South||924.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 8:40 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Sat 8:40 AM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 8:40 AM||915 km||569 miles||494 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Sat 7:40 AM||1810 km||1125 miles||977 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 8:40 AM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 8:40 AM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 7:40 AM||2081 km||1293 miles||1124 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 7:40 AM||2393 km||1487 miles||1292 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 10:40 AM||2613 km||1624 miles||1411 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Sun 7:40 AM||3029 km||1882 miles||1636 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.