Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.83 meters/second, 1547.4 km/hour, 961.5 miles/hour or 835.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.03 mi||west||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||south||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 38.7"||961.28 mi||west||0° 07' 00.0"||8.02 mi||south||961.04 mi|
|24 hours||13° 45' 35.3"||915.76 mi||east||2° 20' 55.6"||161.53 mi||south||924.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 8:40 AM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Sat 8:40 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 8:40 AM||894 km||555 miles||483 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Sat 7:40 AM||1782 km||1107 miles||962 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 8:40 AM||1981 km||1231 miles||1070 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 8:40 AM||2004 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 7:40 AM||2057 km||1278 miles||1111 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 7:40 AM||2366 km||1470 miles||1277 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 10:40 AM||2638 km||1639 miles||1425 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Sun 7:40 AM||3001 km||1864 miles||1620 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.