Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 30, 2013 at 11:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 30, 2013 at 23:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.28 meters/second, 1509.4 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.02 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 42.8"||937.61 mi||West||0° 00' 44.0"||0.84 mi||South||937.57 mi|
|24 hours||344° 57' 57.8"||980.31 mi||West||0° 22' 40.3"||25.99 mi||North||981.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Tue 10:14 AM||226 km||141 miles||122 nm||NNW|
|Noumea||Tue 10:14 AM||436 km||271 miles||235 nm||SW|
|Luganville||Tue 10:14 AM||501 km||311 miles||270 nm||NNW|
|Nadi *||Tue 12:14 PM||865 km||538 miles||467 nm||ENE|
|Lautoka *||Tue 12:14 PM||875 km||544 miles||472 nm||ENE|
|Suva *||Tue 12:14 PM||962 km||598 miles||520 nm||E|
|Honiara||Tue 10:14 AM||1509 km||938 miles||815 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:14 AM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:14 PM||1617 km||1005 miles||873 nm||E|
|Brisbane||Tue 9:14 AM||1890 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.