Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 11:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 11:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.14 meters/second, 1508.9 km/hour, 937.6 miles/hour or 814.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.63 mi||west||0° 00' 00.9"||0.02 mi||north||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 21.4"||937.30 mi||west||0° 01' 01.0"||1.17 mi||north||937.34 mi|
|24 hours||15° 04' 08.9"||982.69 mi||east||1° 04' 51.4"||74.35 mi||north||988.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Tue 11:14 AM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||NNW|
|Luanda||Tue 12:14 PM||2142 km||1331 miles||1156 nm||ENE|
|Windhoek *||Tue 1:14 PM||2153 km||1338 miles||1162 nm||ESE|
|São Tomé||Tue 11:14 AM||2454 km||1525 miles||1325 nm||NNE|
|Libreville||Tue 12:14 PM||2607 km||1620 miles||1407 nm||NE|
|Kinshasa||Tue 12:14 PM||2631 km||1635 miles||1421 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Tue 12:14 PM||2633 km||1636 miles||1422 nm||NE|
|Cape Town||Tue 1:14 PM||2684 km||1668 miles||1449 nm||SE|
|Abidjan||Tue 11:14 AM||2745 km||1706 miles||1482 nm||N|
|Accra||Tue 11:14 AM||2790 km||1734 miles||1507 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.