Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 23:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 23:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.05 meters/second, 1512.2 km/hour, 939.6 miles/hour or 816.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||north||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 17.1"||939.35 mi||west||0° 02' 48.2"||3.21 mi||north||939.48 mi|
|24 hours||14° 59' 37.1"||979.99 mi||east||1° 46' 24.1"||121.96 mi||north||992.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tubou *||Wed 12:24 PM||133 km||83 miles||72 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:24 PM||364 km||226 miles||197 nm||SE|
|Levuka *||Wed 12:24 PM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||WNW|
|Pangai||Wed 12:24 PM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Wed 12:24 PM||397 km||247 miles||215 nm||WNW|
|Labasa *||Wed 12:24 PM||411 km||255 miles||222 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Wed 12:24 PM||421 km||262 miles||227 nm||E|
|Nadi *||Wed 12:24 PM||510 km||317 miles||276 nm||WNW|
|Lautoka *||Wed 12:24 PM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||WNW|
|Mata-Utu||Wed 11:24 AM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.