Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 23:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 23:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.08 meters/second, 1512.3 km/hour, 939.7 miles/hour or 816.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||north||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 17.1"||939.43 mi||west||0° 02' 50.9"||3.27 mi||north||939.57 mi|
|24 hours||345° 00' 34.3"||979.87 mi||west||1° 47' 24.1"||123.11 mi||north||992.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Suva *||Wed 12:42 PM||129 km||80 miles||70 nm||NE|
|Nadi *||Wed 12:42 PM||148 km||92 miles||80 nm||NNW|
|Lautoka *||Wed 12:42 PM||168 km||104 miles||91 nm||N|
|Levuka *||Wed 12:42 PM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||NE|
|Labasa *||Wed 12:42 PM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||NNE|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:42 PM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||ESE|
|Pangai||Wed 12:42 PM||834 km||518 miles||451 nm||E|
|Neiafu||Wed 12:42 PM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Wed 10:42 AM||1007 km||625 miles||544 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 11:42 AM||1182 km||734 miles||638 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.