Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 00:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 00:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.15 meters/second, 1512.5 km/hour, 939.8 miles/hour or 816.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.67 mi||west||0° 00' 02.9"||0.05 mi||north||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 17.3"||939.64 mi||west||0° 02' 55.6"||3.36 mi||north||939.79 mi|
|24 hours||345° 00' 56.2"||979.69 mi||west||1° 49' 14.1"||125.22 mi||north||992.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Wed 11:14 AM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||NW|
|Luganville||Wed 11:14 AM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||NW|
|Noumea||Wed 11:14 AM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||SW|
|Nadi *||Wed 1:14 PM||816 km||507 miles||441 nm||E|
|Lautoka *||Wed 1:14 PM||825 km||512 miles||445 nm||E|
|Suva *||Wed 1:14 PM||916 km||569 miles||494 nm||E|
|Honiara||Wed 11:14 AM||1505 km||935 miles||813 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Wed 12:14 PM||1548 km||962 miles||836 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Wed 1:14 PM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||E|
|Brisbane||Wed 10:14 AM||1949 km||1211 miles||1053 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.